Tuesday, September 04, 2007

More Than Halfway There

After two more weeks of writing essays for medical school applications:

Number of essays finished: roughly 18

Number of essays still to write: roughly 9

Number of goldfish still alive: 9/9 (!) Aren't they beauties??



I think I know why a bunch of the world's greatest authors went crazy at some point in their lives. I'll bet you they all sat alone in their hot, muggy apartments grouchily writing medical school admissions essays and talking to goldfish all day.

On a related note, it's that time of year again when the high school next door starts preparing for its Field Day. This means that the students are at the school at all hours of the day and night running laps around the soccer field, beating drums, and chanting things that sound strangely like, "This is a cat! Foul ball!! This is a cat! Foul ball!!" This may be another sign that I am slowly going crazy, but I've heard them do the same chant every morning, and no matter how many times I hear it, it sounds the same....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous little fish you have! They look very happy and well adjusted! You must be doing a good job of "mothering" them! Hope the essays soon get done with and you can get to something more normal! Love, Grandma

Lindsay said...

Haha, I talk to my fish everyday in Japanese and English so that they'll become bilingual. Nice, huh!! I finally finished two more essays today so maybe only six more to go! Almost there...thanks for the note!