Thursday, August 16, 2007

Festival Day II

The softball team invited me back yesterday for the second day of the Obon festival. Here's a quick summary of what went down:

Number of boxes of kleenex won: 0 (The two day total stands at 21. Not too shabby.)

Number of goldfish I managed to catch at the goldfish carnival game: 0 (Very poor showing...wish I could have better represented my country....)

Number of goldfish the softball team gave me to take home anyway: 9 :D

Number of days the goldfish lived in a pot in my kitchen because I didn't have a better container to put them in: 0.5 (I bought a small aquarium for them today. Hopefully they're happier now.)

Number of reporters from the Ehime prefectural newspaper who came to interview me for some kind of human interest article: 1 (笑)

Probability that I will become an international celebrity before I leave Japan: 0.5 (and rising rapidly with all this extra publicity I'm getting ;)

Number of public baths visited last night: 1 (That makes a total of two visits in the last two days. The people who work the night shift at the bath recognize my face now. I am thinking of moving out of my apartment and into the bath. I seriously could live there if I wanted to. The bath is open twenty-four hours with a restaurant, a room with comfy looking recliners, air conditioner and of course, a bath. If only it were in biking distance of work...)



No comments: