Saturday, May 26, 2007

Warm and Fuzzy

A few months ago, I started teaching a new kid lesson on Friday nights, and it is the greatest lesson in the world for at least two reasons:

(1) Every week, the kids' grandma makes me real dinner (and dessert!!) before the lesson. If you recall a certain previous post, you'll probably understand why I'm so excited about dinner. :)

(2) The six little girls at this lesson have got to be some of the cutest kids in the universe.

Today, while I was eating dinner, one of the girls tapped me on the shoulder and showed me her notebook. Scrunched in the corner was a list of her four favorite things. It took me a minute to make out what she had written, but I finally realized that the list went like this: rabbits, octopuses, Lindsay-sensei, and learning English. These kids are the greatest. :D
揺れるハート揺れるハート揺れるハート揺れるハート
----

Several weeks ago, at the same lesson:

Me: Would it be okay if we ended the lesson five minutes early today? My friend is in town from America this weekend, and I need to run to the train station to meet him for dinner.

Grandma Hashimoto: Sure, no problem! (to the girls) Ok, everybody, let's start the lesson on time today. Lindsay-sensei has specials plans tonight.

Yurie: Ok! Come on, guys. Sit down! Let's go!

Ayaka: Lindsay-sensei has special plans??? Like what??

Mai: What could they be???

Aiko: Oh, I know!! Lindsay-sensei, are you getting married tonight???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there something Grandpa and I should know!!! Love, Grandma

Lindsay said...

I was meaning to tell you about my secret Japanese fiance sooner or later....*blush* ;)

MasterCKO said...

wow, they sound super cute.

Lindsay said...

yeah :D I love this lesson <3