Friday, May 11, 2007

Frankly Speaking...

At a lesson yesterday:

Me: Actually, I really don't like to wear dresses...

Student: Really??? (Looks geniunely astounded.) But you are so charming and have so good style....so I think you must look great in dress.

Style, eh? Well, I must say that I have impeccable taste in t-shirts and jeans.

------

Last week at lunch with friends:

Taiwanese friend:
When I met you, I really thought that you were such a beautiful girl...

Me:
Oh, wow...haha...gee thanks.

Taiwanese friend: ...well...until I heard you talk.


Actually, two other people said this exact same thing to me independently last week. I'll be the first to admit that my mannerisms aren't the most feminine, but man, with all these mixed messages, what's a girl to think?? =p

No comments: