Saturday, September 30, 2006

Look-Alikes

You've probably heard this story before, but humor me for a second - it's vital background information for the rest of this post.

Last year when I was in Kyoto, my parents came to visit me at the university where I was doing my internship. My professor was determined to be a good host, so he took my parents all around the school and introduced us to all of the staff. When we met the secretaries on the first floor, they took one look at my mom and said in Japanese, "Wow, she looks just like Princess Diana."

For those of you who have never seen my mom (and/or Princess Diana), behold:


I'll send a fabulous prize to anyone who can identify these pictures correctly. (Personally, I often have difficulty telling these two apart.)

The secretaries on the first floor went on to say that I look like Princess Diana too, but since the similarities between Di and me are so striking, I won't even bother to post pictures here.

Anyway, in the last few days, it has come to my attention that I am the spitting image of two other rather famous celebrities. The first is Olivia Hussey, the actress who played Juliet in Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet:

Uncanny, eh?

The other celebrity is a phenom golfer from Okinawa, Miyazato Ai (宮里藍) :



I must admit that the resemblance is rather striking. It must be my Okinawan blood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uncanny. hehe.

Lindsay said...

でしょう?

Evelyn said...

omg i almost died laughing... i thought the whole princess diana thing was out of left field, but it's actually true. and you and your okinawan sistah... hilarious! :)