Friday, July 28, 2006

Out of the Bubble

Hi there, welcome to my first attempt at writing a blog entry. In case you haven't heard, I'm going to spend the next year in Japan teaching English at a medical school. That's right, I have somehow managed to procure a (semi) real job, and have decided to document my experiences as a contributing member of society right here.

I leave for Japan on August 22nd, so stay tuned until then. For now, I'll leave you with the sentiment printed on the front of my favorite graduation card:

"For the college graduate. The dreams of generations of African Americans lie behind you on a foundation of courage, love, tears, and joy..."

Perhaps I should enclose a picture of myself the next time I send graduation announcements out to distant relatives....

3 comments:

MasterCKO said...

haha, that's hilarious (the grad card that is)

Darwin said...

haha, nice card. if you're near campus we should have an scti reunion before you go!

Lindsay said...

unfortunately I'm back home in Washington, so i won't be able to come to the SCTI reunion, but have a good time!